Welcome to Plato Shrugs.
Over the years this blog has moved from one with informative articles with some opinions sprinkled in, to the opposite. While all writing is an exercise in vanity, my hope is that these opinions offer a new take on often overdone tales. This blog may appear to have a right-ward slant but I do not view myself this way, mainly I identify as a moderate left-winger. However, the prevailing ideology of our age is Liberalism (with a capital L) and so, most of my articles attack its perverse variants. Sorry if you feel left out, but you have the western world to reaffirm your world view for you :).
Like my friend Plato, I too have an inflated sense of purpose and generated a grand vision of a greater society. So was born Organicism, my ideological pet project which I developed from the ground up. My hope is that in the future years to flesh it out further and preach the gospel.
I encourage people to disagree with my articles as I often will take a harder stance than I truly believe for the exercise. I do not blog to sit in my own echo chamber. All I ask is comments are kept civil (no threats, no attacks on character, etc). I allow anyone to comment without moderation to encourage discussion and disagreement.
So please, the waters are fine. Let me know how full of it you think I am :).
Future Topics (let me know what you’d like to see next)
Below are some organized links to posts I think are of higher quality than the norm. Additionally it is a listing of what you can expect from me in the near future (found by the TBD tags). Let me know what you’d like to see next. I blog for my readers as much as I do for myself.
Misc Topics (things that catch my interest):
- Education: Why College Isn’t About Education
- Drug Use: The World’s Cheapest Vacation: Why Society Hates Drugs
- The Case for Oppression: A Little Hardship Goes a Long Way (TBD)
- Don’t Vote: Why You Shouldn’t Vote
- Power of Cities: A Lost War, Urban vs Rural People
- Ethical Capitalism
- “Liberal” Trends
- The Military Cult: Trump and Widows: Clapping for Clemency
- Middle East Conflict: Israel and Palestine, There Will Never Be Peace
- Middle East Conflict, ISIS: ISIS Will Thrive
- Racism: Ferguson and Race; Power and Color
- Riots: Why The Baltimore Riots Fail
Ideologies: Ideology, Why Care?
- Classical Liberalism